Nikki Jefford has been really kind and accepted to take part of this interview! You surely might know her book series Spellbound by now! To find out more about Nikki and her book series read the interview below! She has given some really nice answers!
1. S: Hi Nikki! Thank you for accepting this interview! How about telling us some things about yourself?
Nikki: Thank you for inviting me!
I love adventure, foreign travel, and dressing up. In four and a half years I’m turning 40. <screams!> I’m in total denial. But I still get asked for my ID all the time (here in the US where you have to be 21 to drink) and that look of disbelief when people check my birthdate. I inherited the youthful genes from my Swedish ancestors!
S: That sounds like so much fun! I am 21 and everyone thinks I look like a 16 year old girl. Hope I can look as young as you when I reach 35!
2. S: What is your book series “Spellbound” about? Tell us a few words about it!
Nikki: After a resurrection spell goes wrong, twin sisters Graylee and Charlene Perez are stuck body sharing every 24 hours. With the help of warlock, Raj McKenna, Gray tries to solve the mystery of her death and find a way back inside her own body.
3. S: How did the idea for your series come to your mind? Did you keep the original plot or did you change it as you kept writing?
Nikki: I don’t know where this idea came from. LOL I wanted to write about witches and twins. I started writing down notes, then an outline and came up with Entangled. I pretty much follow my outlines, but there are ALWAYS unexpected surprises that come up along the way. I love these!
4. S: Any spoilers about the creation of the magical covers? I find all three of them really beautiful and enchanting!
Nikki: Thank you. I wasn’t happy with the initial cover my designer came up with for Entangled so I spent an entire week looking through royalty free stock sites until I found an image that grabbed me. Book two and three were easier because I chose from the same stock model then asked my designer to change the coloring and flowers.
5. S: Any songs you relate your books with?
Nikki: Many songs from the Labyrinth soundtrack run through my head as I write, such as “Magic Dance”, “Within You”, and “As the World Falls Down” by David Bowie. Adrian Montez reminds me of the Goblin King with his fixation on the heroine of the book.
6. S: What are you favorite books/book series? You can make a top 5/10 if you want to!
Nikki: Currently my favorite series is Experiment in Terror by Karina Halle. I am devouring those! Last January I read all three Hunger Games books one after the other. Loved them! Some more favorites: Anna Dressed in Blood, Daughter of Smoke and Bone, The Snow Child, Divergent, This Is Not a Test, and the Game of Thrones series.
7. S: Which authors do you consider to have been your inspiration?
Nikki: Jane Austen, Diana Wynne Jones, Lucy Maud Montgomery, and Roald Dahl.
8. S: Where do you use to write your works? Any place in particular?
Nikki: We just moved to a new house rental and for the first time I have my own office. Now I just need a desk! LOL My husband is letting me use his tiny desk for now. I have an old computer I type on. It’s slow, but it gets the job done.
9. S: What country would you like your books to be popular in?
Nikki: So far I’ve had a good international response (from reviewers anyway), which makes me so happy because I love foreign cultures and languages. I’d be thrilled for all countries to have access to my books.
10. S: What do you think about Romania, the country i live in? Would you like to visit it one day?
Nikki: Are you kidding? Can I stay with you?! 😉 That’s a Big Yes! There’s nothing I enjoy more than foreign travel, except for reading and writing, but I’d say I love all three equally. I don’t know much about Romania, but I want to know more. Maybe I should interview you next!S: Haha! Now that would be something! I am open for interviews if interested ;D
11. S: As an ending, you can say anything that comes to your mind to those who are reading! Thank you for taking the time to answer these questions!
Nikki: First of all, it makes me so happy to meet people who love to read. I can’t image a world without books!
For those of you who do read, I’d like to thank everyone who takes time to review an author’s work. Writers, especially independent authors, thrive on word of mouth. Even one short sentence stating what you liked or didn’t like makes a difference. Thank you for making it possible for indies to continue writing and entertaining readers!
Thank you for having me, Simona!S: You’re very welcome, Nikki! Glad to have had you here!