Since I haven’t taken any recent interview, here’s a new one, starting the author of “The Star Child”, Stephanie Keyes! She has been really kind and answered all of my questions! Hope that you enjoy this interview! Below you can check out more info about Stephanie, her top 5 book series and other things like the book’s playlist!
Stephanie: You are very welcome! Thanks for having me as a guest! Okay, let’s see. I am a wife, a mom, a graphic designer, and a lover of all things chocolate. I love to travel, although I don’t get to do that nearly as much as I’d like.
2. S: Your book “The Star Child” has recently been published. Did everything go according to your initial plan?
Stephanie: So many things have changed since the whole endeavor started that I don’t remember what my grand plan was! I will say that I couldn’t have been happier with the results! There have been many new fans of the book, like you :), stepping forward to share their support. It’s been wonderful.
3. S: When did the plot of this book come to your mind?
Stephanie: When I first started, I didn’t have a plot in mind, just a few events that I knew had to take place. About a quarter of a way in, I sat down and outlined the entire book. Though I did deviate from it, the storyline generally stayed the same.
4. S: How did you decide on the name of the book? Did the idea come easy to you?
Stephanie: The name was actually the first part of the book that cam together. The term, “Star Child”, popped into my head and I started to work up this story about a girl who was a “Star Child”. So the first person that I thought of was actually the heroine, Calienta, who is our secondary character in this book.
However, I really wanted a male protagonist, so Kellen’s role came to life.
5. S: Besides the male protagonist, Kellen St. James, what other character do you like?
Stephanie: I love Gabe. His role expands as in the next two books and I truly enjoy writing in his voice. I also liked the character of Lugh. Both were a lot of fun to write. However, Kellen has a special place in my heart.
6. S: The cover of the book looks really awesome! Was this the first choice or have you been changing your mind about it?
Stephanie: Thank you! The cover is a dream and readers approach me constantly, asking about it. There were a couple of versions from the designer, Naj Qambler (she tweets @designmeahuman) before we moved to the final. We had about eight or nine Kellens. I kept making her move his hairline around. 🙂
7. S: What songs do you feel that fit the story? Anything special that you had been listening to while writing the book?
Stephanie: Yes, I am addicted to music. I constantly have to have it piping in when I’m writing. You can list to most of the playlist here or see the full list on my website. The band that I listened to the most when I wrote the book was Thirteen Senses. Their song Into the Fire is really Kellen and Calienta’s love song.
8. S: What is your top 5 books/ book series that you love? You can make it a top 10 if you can’t decide.
Stephanie: Chronicles of Faerie series O.R. Melling
Sweep Series Cate Tiernan
Need Series by Carrie Jones
Blue Blood Series by Melissa de La Cruz
Immortal Beloved by Cate Tiernan
This is where I’m at today, but I read all the time, so the list will probably change by next week!
9. S: What do you think about Romania, the country I live in? Would you like to visit it one day?
Stephanie: Absolutely! I have always wanted to visit Romania. Especially places like Brasov and Transylvania – they look beautiful. However, I’ve only seen pictures from the library so you’ll have to confirm that! Here is a picture of my hometown in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania!
10. S: Thank you very much for taking the time and answer all thee questions! Would you like to tell something to the readers of this blog? Anything that comes to your mind!
Stephanie: You are very welcome! Thank you for having me as a guest on your site. I’m honored that you would take such an interest in The Star Child. You can find out more about it on my website and blog . Take care and happy reading!